Message Board Snake Quest Level Sets Snake Quest Editor Download Snake Quest About Snake Quest Snake Quest Home Text Navigation is at the bottom of this page.  Welcome to SnakeQuest.com!

Site Map Help Support Snake Quest Snake Quest Screenshots Snake Quest News Contact the authors of SQ Text Navigation at bottom of page

Snake Quest Forum Index Snake Quest
Snake Quest Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do u add time to the timer? + more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mat
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: How do u add time to the timer? + more Reply with quote

To anybody with good knowledge of SQ (either DaFalcon,DonJoe or Eric):
Question 1: How can u add time to the timer? I tried selecting the "Modify Variable",typing in "timer" in the Var column and setting the = column to 300 (for 30 seconds extra),but when I test it,all it does is kill the player when I pick up the object that is supposed to add time to the timer. What am I doing wrong? How do I add time to the timer?

Question 2 - How do I make mobile objects move slower (or faster) without making the player slow down,too? (I tried setting the "adelay" to 12,but this affects the snake speed aswell) What do I need to do to make the mobile objects slow down?

Many thanks again to the replier.
www.youtube.com/thedodgyblokes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
don_joe
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. "timer" should work. Check your level settings to be sure they're set properly.

2. You can't. If you want the moving objects to move at a different speed than the snake, you'll have to handle them manually using floating objects and lots of scripting (see "Crazy Ivan III"'s torpedos for an example of how to do this: basically you'll want a script that advances the object one space every two turns, and checks to see if it hit anything).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Snake Quest Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: