Message Board Snake Quest Level Sets Snake Quest Editor Download Snake Quest About Snake Quest Snake Quest Home Text Navigation is at the bottom of this page.  Welcome to SnakeQuest.com!

Site Map Help Support Snake Quest Snake Quest Screenshots Snake Quest News Contact the authors of SQ Text Navigation at bottom of page

Snake Quest Forum Index Snake Quest
Snake Quest Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snake adventures 2 FULL... is not

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Snake adventures 2 FULL... is not Reply with quote

When I try to load "Snake adventures 2 FULL", SQ flashes messages that it can't find the following six files:
Megamanx3
final battle.asf
Matrix
untitle
Blocks Resource file
MW3 Letter resources

Trying to play the set without finding these files crashes SQ.

I'm using SQ carbon for OSX.
Can anyone help?
-Trin
Mat
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, its nothing to do with SQ, its the programmer Shocked hes forgot to include all the files necessary to play the game, including the music, resulting in annoying messages at Start-up of SQ that are REALLY annoying.

There is only one thing i can help u with, its that the "Block Resource File" and "MW3 Letter Resources" come with previews of MacWorm 3, i think theyre also included in the newest upload (which AINT that new now lol).

Another thing, to remove the annoying messages, remove the triggers in the action lists that tell SQ to play the missing music.

Hope that helps,
Matticus.
www.youtube.com/thedodgyblokes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, adding those files stopped SQ from looking for them, but it still crashes when I try to play the set.
Is there any way to contact these authors? Given that the set was posted last July, I doubt I'll have much luck, but it seems a bit rotten to post a set that doesn't work.

"to remove the annoying messages, remove the triggers in the action lists that tell SQ to play the missing music"

I don't really understand that. What exactly am I supposed to do?
Mat
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find the action lists in the level file where the music is told to be played, and get rid of it.

btw, im sure u can contact him, there is an email address in the author's profile i believe, if not, there is an email address on the www.freewebs.com/mdsoftware website
www.youtube.com/thedodgyblokes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eric
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crashing problem should not happen. I am currently investigating the cause. Since upgrading to OS 10.3.3 (or maybe a revision or two earlier) this started to happen. The crashing problem does not occur in Classic under 10.3.3. (Run Snake Quest PPC) I think this is the author http://www.snakequest.com/bin/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=23 of the "Snake adventures 2 FULL" level set.
Snake
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helloo? Did you look at the 4th file on the third page in the levels section? Shocked Shocked Shocked That's where 2 of the music files are.
Quote:
When you unstuff the file, you will see that the music is stuffed too. so unstuff the music too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Furby and the snake
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both. Where are the others? Question

There was a delay for 3 years in between 2002 and 2005, but now they're back!

Let these furbies be your friend forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Snake Quest Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: